Friday, September 5, 2008

Watauga Lake, Baby!

We just got back from a fantastic week in Butler, TN. My parents rented a house on Watauga Lake and my whole family met there for the whole week. We had a good bit of rain that kept us in the house for a few days, but we still had a great time! My cousin Abby and her little boy John met us there for the first night. It was great seeing you, Abby, and finally getting to meet that adorable little man! Too bad I never got a single picture! We had lots of time to hang out with the babies, read books (The Shack), play games, compete in Wii competitions, and just relax. We went for a walk around the neighborhood one night which was one of Savannah's favorite parts of the weekend, I think. She cooed and sang and giggled the whole time! The twins were both asleep by the end of the walk, but Savannah was wide awake! She loved having the wind in her hair. It was so sweet to watch. We also did a photo scavenger hunt one day to get us out of the house even though the weather wasn't great. It only lasted about 30 minutes (I have a very competative family!) but it was a lot of fun and we got some funny pictures. Here's two of my favorites from my camera. The last day was beautiful and we were able to get a pontoon boat for the day. I figured we'd spend an hour on the boat with the babies and then I'd head back with mom and Joelle to put the girls down for naps, but they did great on the boat! Pressley even took a turn behind the wheel for a while...All three ended up falling asleep in people's arms. We stopped twice so everyone could jump in the water and cool off and the twins loved it immediately! Savannah took a little longer to get comfortable in the water but eventually did and started to enjoy it, too. Savannah really started noticing and enjoying her cousins for the first time. She loved playing with them and touching their faces. I'm not sure they appreciated it completely, but they were great sports.

You can tell Lyla's used to playing with another baby...And you can tell Savannah's still figuring it out...Savannah laughed and smiled so big when we let her get face-to-face with Pressley! She couldn't help herself from squeezing her cheeks (but who can blame her?)

It is always so wonderful being with family! It just makes me burst with joy to see others loving our little girl! Brent and Katie are so great with the girls and it's always such a special treat to be with them.Next trip we're going to visit Granddaddy and Mimi Varner! It's been too long since we've gotten to spend time with you two and the Porths! Savannah misses you and can't wait to be in your arms again!!

4 comments:

Susan Sene said...

Wow those are some great pictures! I love the one with all the girls with the grandparents - they all look so adorable! Each one of them are getting more and more beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Haha, that picture of Savannah "figuring out" how to play with Lyla cracked me up! I love the pictures, but even more I love your commentary! We love you guys and already miss you sooo much!

Joelle Turner said...

It was such a great week!! I can't wait until the next time we are all together again.

I love the pictures of Savi-girl on the walk, she was so fun!! My girls just couldn't keep up.

Doc Curtis said...

Come back to Watauga Lake soon, buy a place a stay!