Monday, September 8, 2008

Big Girl Food!!

We finally did it! We finally decided to try giving Savannah some rice cereal (September 8th, for our records). It was a big step for her mommy and daddy because it's the first step of "weaning" her. Even though this process will continue for the next seven months probably and not something that will happen all at once, it's still a little sad. But it was a lot of fun, too! We had fun buying the cereal, washing her bowls and spoons, getting all ready (can you tell we REALLY love being her parents?). We had the video camera and photo camera all charged up and ready. And, what'd she think? (Look at her savoring that first taste! Heaven on a spoon!)She loved it of course! We never really doubted she would. The girl LOVES food! I think I could have taken pictures all day of her! She just looked too cute sitting in her high chair. I'm sharing just SOME of the pictures (yes, this IS me being selective, I wanted to post a lot more!) Open wide! We couldn't get it to her fast enough! She wanted to feed herself. We had to wrestle with her to keep the spoon out of her hand. She wanted it to keep coming!We even got a video of her taking her first few bites. I don't know how to rotate the video so it's not on it's side. If anyone knows, please tell me for future posts! I hope you all still enjoy this sideways video clip :)

I'm sure you'll see lots more "eating" videos in the weeks to come. Rice cereal is just the beginning!

5 comments:

Joelle Turner said...

She looks gorgeous with all her pale pink!! What a beauty. And I LOVE the picture of her with her eyes closed savoring the delicious cereal! Can't wait to see more! Love her!!

Susan Sene said...

Ok that picture of her with her eyes closed with the spoon in her mouth is my FAVORITE!!! Glad to see she's following in her Aunt Sue's footsteps!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love this post! The first picture of Savannah is sooo cute! I really like her hair like that. And I agree with Joelle and Sue, the eyes closed picture is HILARIOUS! I just love that girl! Also, I love the new look for your blog. It's so pretty!

jlott said...

these are precious!!! i'm a fan of the eyes closed picture, too, but they are all absolutely adorable!! these are just the beginning of fun dinner times! :)

Joelle Turner said...

Alright girl, I do LOVE these pictures. But come on, has Savi not done anything cute since then?!? I KNOW thats not true! So, update your blog already!