Thursday, June 5, 2008

Top Ten List

Ok, I'm going to copy Joelle and make a top ten list of the things I love about my baby. It'll be hard to narrow it down and I'm sure it will change each day, but here goes...



10. Dreaming of what she'll be like as she grows up. Not that I'm wishing any of it to happen soon, but I do look forward to her giving us hugs and creeping out of bed at night to be with us and playing in the sprinklers, and the list goes on and on...


9. Watching her try to get through tummy time. She's not a big fan and isn't too good at it yet. She mostly just lays on her face. She lifts her head as best she can, but we still need lots of practice. Cole and I get a kick out of watching her try though!

8. Watching her play with her "kicky bear" toy. She is getting really good at kicking to make the bear's nose light up and has just started using her hands to bat the hanging toys. Today she spent a long time just staring at her hands as she hit the bugs repeatedly. It's so amazing watching her figure things out!


7. Her cry. I agree with you, Joelle, I know I shouldn't like the sound of her cry and it can be painful to listen to at times, but it can also be hilarious! She kind of yells when she crys. Just kinda trying to say "I'm not happy, guys!", but not like she's really upset.


6. Cuddling with her in bed in the morning. I know I shouldn't be sleeping with her, but when she wakes up an hour early, I figure one hour won't hurt! She cuddles so close and when it's time to actually get up, she can be as hard to get out of bed as her daddy!


5. Getting her out of her crib. Sometimes she lays in bed and talks after she wakes up and sometimes she cries and fusses, but when we walk into the room and look into her crib her face lights up when she sees us. This is a new thing for her. It's so fun to see her recognize us and be happy to see us.


4. The way she moves her little hands. It's adorable. When I feed her, she twils my hair around her fingers, grabs on to my shirt, plays with her own hair, or pinches her cheeks. Her hands are always busy. I love the way she moves them!


3. Her smile. You've seen the photos- what's not to love!


2. Her cooing. It kind of sounds more like a "hoo" than a coo and it's kind of a low pitch. I always do it too high pitched, but Cole always gets it just right! I try and try to make her talk back by "hooing" at her, and when Cole comes over and "hoos" once she beams and starts talking up a storm. Very sweet!


1. The sound of her laugh! It's the best sound in the world and is coming more and more frequently. Just the thought of it is making me smile!

6 comments:

Joelle Turner said...

I'm so glad you did this, even if you did copy me. Its so neat to read what you are loving about Savannah right now -- and made me realize a whole bunch of things I missed! We have been blessed with 3 very special girls. I can't wait to see Savannah again.

David said he envys Cole and the time he gets to spend with Savannah during the day -- he gets to see her during her happy times, David gets the evenings, when they tend to be a little more fussy. He also said he can't wait till our girls know each other, won't that be fun?!?

Last Paradise said...

Oh Lorren, that is so beautiful!

Susan Sene said...

aww #4 is just precious!!

Susan Sene said...

oh yeah, and the picture of her while doing tummy time is HILARIOUS! haha

Jonas said...

I loved reading your top ten list! It made me think of all the wonderful things Jonas and I have to look forward to! I especially liked 5, 9, and 10! I daydream often about who we'll be meeting in November.

Thanks again for letting me borrow the pillow! Jonas gets a big kick out of how big it is, and I seriously can get sleep now! It is so comfortable.

-Melissa

Caroline and Ken said...

Hi, Love!
Reading your top 10 list made me want to cry and laugh at the same time! Really missing Savannah's smiles right now!
Gramma K