Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our Little Sponge

Being a parent is the most amazing thing I have ever done! It is so incredible watching your little baby grow and learn and experience new things. I wanted to write down some of the things she's been learning lately.

*She's been counting to 10 since right before Hailey was born (almost 22 months old)

*Lately she's been adding some "teens" in there and ending with "twenty" (...8, 9, 10, 15, 18, 19, 20)

*Last week, Cole and I were outside playing with Sav and she sang the whole alphabet! We were shocked- she's known pieces for quite a while (q, r, s, t, u, v), but we had no idea she could put it all together.

*She can sing quite a few songs now or at least a few lines. She can sing almost all of "Jesus Loves Me" and we often hear her singing it to her babies when she's tucking them in bed.

*She says her own prayers- listening to these little prayers is one of the best parts of my day! Tonights prayer was something like "Thank you for Daddy, Kru, JoJo, Daddy, Yeats, Eva Claire, Daddy, Hailey, Daddy. Amen." The girl loves her daddy!

*She is out of diapers and has started telling us when she has to go potty (yea!). Funny potty story while we're on the subject... today she went over and went potty on her little potty all by herself and then stood up and bent down to get a good long look. I was feeding Hailey so I couldn't run over there to make sure it was only pee, so I asked her, "Savi, what is it?" and she stood up, pointed to the potty, and with a big, proud smile yelled, "It's chocolate!!!" Well, that answered my question!

*She's starting to speak in full sentences every once in a while and using bigger words. Tonight she said, "Where are the buggies? I don't see it anymore."

*She's really starting to take care of her little sister. I LOVE THIS! She swings her in her swing, bounces her bouncy chair for her (usually with her foot like mommy), shooshes her when she's crying and tells her "It's OK, don't cry Hailey". Lately she's been saying, "Don't cry. Daddy's at work. He'll be back soon." Did I mention she loves her daddy? She also gently rubs her head, gives her kisses, and tickles her. And after giving her attention, Sav usually tells me, "She's smiling at you!" even though she might not be, but I can tell it makes her happy when Hailey's happy- so precious!

So these are just a few things we've been blessed to see our girl do! Such gifts- each one of them. I am so thankful to be her mommy and cannot wait to see what she'll learn tomorrow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Savi is one smart cookie! There is no doubt about that but it is so sweet to see her "others thinking". Matthew 22:29. Aware of the needs of her sister and her dollies!! We love those girls!!!