Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So Smart :)

So I already posted about how Savannah has started bopping to music, but today I was watching her from the back while she played with her Little People's nativity. Part of the nativity is the little drummer boy's stable which plays "The Little Drummer Boy" when you push the little drum on the side of the stable. Every once in a while she'll accidentally hit the button and the music will play and she'll stop to bop to the music. Well, today I decided to video tape a clip of it and this is all the dancing I got... not much...

So, I decided to try again. I got up and hit the drum and then got back behind her to see if she'd dance more. She danced even less this time, but I kept taping to see what she'd do. And the little smarty got up and hit the drum herself and sat back down to bop to the music! I had no idea she knew how to make it play the music! I was so impressed! And after I stopped taping, she got up and did it a few more time, stopping to dance each time she hit the button, so it wasn't just a fluke. I am a very proud mommy and had to post my videos right away. Here's my little genius...
Of course, now that I know she really does understand cause and effect, I may have to start being a little more strict with my "no no"s :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That child can rock to the beat!! And she knows how to turn the beat on!!! How brilliant

Susan Sene said...

Haha...once again, just like her momma. :) Yeah isn't it crazy how much they really do understand? I always asked my mom how she knew when we understood we were doing something bad as babies and she'd always say, "Oh you'll know".