Monday, November 17, 2008

Gerber Puffs

We have started giving Savannah Gerber fruit puffs. Her cousins shared some with her a while ago and she did pretty well when we put it in her mouth, but we've been putting some on her highchair tray so she can practice picking them up and getting them into her own mouth. It's been so funny to watch her! She grabs it so it's in the middle of her fist and then puts her fist up to her mouth and tries so hard to get it. They get kinda sticky when they get wet, so it ends up sticking to her fingers of the palm of her hand instead of going into her mouth. But she is getting better and better with it. Last night we tried Cheerios and she did great with those, too. Here are some pictures of her first attempt with getting the puffs in her mouth. You can tell it was a little frustrating for her!

6 comments:

The Snuffin's said...

I love her facial expressions. It's so fun to see how Andrew and Savannah are learning a lot of the same things. We also started giving Andrew puffs about a week ago, and I was just working on posting new pics when I saw yours.

Anonymous said...

Haha - I can imagine how frustrating it would be for a girl who loves food so much not to be able to immediately get that food in her belly! Glad she's gettin the hang of it!

Anonymous said...

haha, love the winking picture at the end!

Last Paradise said...

I just love when they finally manage to get the little puff all the way into their mouth and then they forget to let go... John used to put his whole hand in and come out with the puff still in it! They grow up too fast, John is now working on a big boy cup (no lid!!!)

Allie Jennings said...

Such cute pictures, Lorren! I cannot believe how fast she's growing up...I was telling my mom how funny it was to see Baylor pushing her around in the baby doll stroller..haha!!! He was trying to turn her around on the carpet and he was making all of these straining noises and Cole was like, "Whatever Baylor, she's not that big!" haha...she's precious! I need to start bringing my camera any time the babies will be together so we have plenty to show at their rehearsal dinner in 19 years :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, she looks like Cole! And I agree with Katie, I like the winking photo at the end (she winks like Cole does!)