Saturday, June 26, 2010

First Bites!

We are still having a hard time getting Hailey to sleep through the night. We're close, but not quite there, so we decided to go ahead and give rice cereal a try. She's just over 5 months, which is about 2 weeks earlier than we tried Sav, but, like I said, I need some sleep!!

Hailey is such a happy girl. She opened up for the food and pushed it back out. Not really any big deal to her. I'm not sure how much she actually swallowed. Most ended up on her bib, but for a first try, she did great!
I guess we'll see if it fills her up any better. It's hard to believe she's already eating solids, but I won't go on and on about how quickly my babies are growing up. I'll start to cry. So, how about more pictures instead?

This post is supposed to be all about Hailey, but I just have to add that even though Hailey did not have much of a reaction to her first taste of food, Savannah did! Oh my goodness! I told you all about how she gags when Hailey spits up. Well, this was that reaction times ten! Cole and I were laughing so hard! Sav wanted to be a part of it. She sat on my lap while I fed Hailey. She even used the spoon to feed her a few bites herself, but the whole time she was gagging! And I mean the whole time. Heaving, tongue out, loud gagging sounds! After a few minutes she would walk away and then come back to watch some more and would start gagging all over again. I think what's even funnier is that she doesn't act like anything unusual is going on. She just keeps feeding Hailey while trying to keep her food down. So hilarious! We got some of it on video, so I'll try to post it.

4 comments:

Katie said...

that's so funny about savi gagging! hailey looks adorable. i love the last couple pictures of her smiling. cute headband too.

JKJ said...

Can't wait to see the video of Savi! Hailey is seriously so absolutely beautiful.

Susan Sene said...

What a sweet baby Hailey is! And oh my goodness how funny that Sav gags like that...hahaa. I can just picture it. How sweet of her to keep coming back to hep despite her gag reflex acting up! :)

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.