Thursday, January 8, 2009

No More Paci?

So yesterday Savannah did not take her morning nap, and I figured that since she was really tired for her second nap that day it was as good a time as any to try taking away the pacifier. I've been thinking about weaning her from it since she was 6 months old, but I always had a good reason to put it off- visitors coming in to town, an upcoming trip, an ear infection, ect. Well I couldn't come up with a good reason not to, so I went ahead and laid her down for her nap without it. She cried softly on and off for about 15 minutes and then fell asleep! I was shocked- sometimes she cries like that when I put her down WITH a paci! And then last night I decided to stick with it and put her down for the night without it. Again, she cried (this time about 30 minutes on and off) before falling asleep. Both naps today she did great and tonight she did great and is sleeping soundly. I have feared this whole experience so much and it really wasn't all that bad- not that we're out of the woods yet. I plan to keep this up, so let's hope she doesn't get sick again and need it to comfort her, cause I'm just not that strong! So, for my own future reference, Savannah was 9 months and 9 days old when she said goodbye to her paci!

1 comments:

Susan Sene said...

Yay for Banna! What a big girl! And I'm very proud of you for stickin with it. :)