Friday, July 25, 2008

Rolling Over!

Our little girl is now rolling over! So exciting and a little sad at the same time. On Sunday Cole was playing with Savannah on a blanket on the floor and got up for a few minutes and while he was out of the room I watched her roll over to her tummy (at 3 1/2 months old). We both got down on the floor with her and she rolled back to her back. She doesn't do it really often, but I have put her down in bed and gone back in there to find her on her stomach. Her laugh is also starting to develop. I can't wait to hear more of that! I also left her with a babysitter for the first time (other than a quick trip to the grocery store- thanks Allie!). We had a cookie swap with the girls from small group and I left Savannah for a few hours with Natalie and Gary Snuffin. Their little boy is 8 days younger than Savannah- a real cutie! Natalie said Savannah did very well, and thankfully, so did her mommy. I wasn't sure how I'd do leaving her, but it went well. It helps to have great friends taking good care of her! Well, that's a breif catch up of what's new with our baby. Here are some pictures from the last few weeks.
A new hair do. We're trying to figure out how to work with her random "bald" spots.Snuggling with her daddy. I love the way these two are together. Daddy and his little girl!I love this picture. Cole was trying to make Savannah smile for the picture. Whatever he was doing, it looks like she sure thinks it's funny!

In the picture below you can really tell how long Savi is. I can't wait to find out her weight and length next week at her 4 month appointment.Savannah loves having her feet up. When she's on her tummy, her feet are up in the air (that's how she figured out how to roll on to her stomach, she would put her feet up and tip over until she figured out how to get all the way over. Her feet are always propped up in her stroller. I had to take some pictures to document it. I love it!She loves to snuggle with her bunny or with her little giraffe blanket from Aunt Julie and Abby when she sleeps. It's so sweet! We don't put it in the crib with her for safety reasons, but when she's in the car seat or somewhere we can see her, I love seeing her all snuggled up!

3 comments:

Susan Sene said...

Yay!!! Love those pictures!! Congrats on leaving her with a babysitter for the first time. :) And that picture of her smiling while sitting on your lap is so cute! Love u!

Joelle Turner said...

She is one PRECIOUS little girl!! Oh, I miss her soooooo much! I just want to hold her and snuggle her. I really do wish we lived closer so our girls could spend more time together.

I love that she is getting attached to her blankey and bunny, how adorable! I use the blanket with built in bunny that Aunt Sue gave us for Lyla, when she wakes up too early in the morning, I go in to put her pacie back and she grabs right on to my finger. So I've started slipping my finger out of her fist and the bunny ear into her fist so she has something to hold on to. It works great!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love that little girl!