Tuesday, March 9, 2010

6 Weeks Old

Hailey is now 6 weeks old and has been the sweetest little baby girl! I wanted to get a couple things down for my own reference. First of all, her umbelical cord came off at 2 weeks old. Not sure why that's such a milestone, but thought I'd make a note of it anyways :) A little more exciting, she started smiling last week (5 weeks old). What a sweet smile! Usually wide open mouth smiles- just like her sister! Brings back so many memories! I'm so thankful to get to do this a second time! At 6 weeks old, we started the Baby Wise "cry it out" method. I DREADED this! It worked great for Savannah, but I had to listen to her cry and it killed me! So, I put it off and put it off and finally started it last week. It's been 4 days now and every time I lay her down, she goes right to sleep! No crying! God definitely gives you what you can handle! It has been such a blessing. I have been able to spend more time with Savannah, more time cleaning my house (which really needed to be done!) and I feel like a different, more rested person. I know it may not last forever, but so far, Hailey is the Queen of Cry It Out!!

1 comments:

sojournerdiaries said...

Lorren it was so great to read Hailey's birth story and hear how well things are going at 6 weeks!! I sure do miss your sweet family. Just catching up with everyone tonight via blogland/facebook. Love you! Melissa