Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cast is Off... of Savi

Savannah got her cast off on Thursday (April 23). She only had the hard cast on for about 2 1/2 weeks! We were so thankful to see her sweet little arm again. She was so still while they cut off the cast and then wiggled to get down on the ground and crawl. I'm still not sure she ever really noticed the cast was ever on. :) We have been busy lately! After Savi's appointment to get her cast off, we got in the car and drove right to Philadelphia for my cousin Joe's wedding. We had a great time, but I forgot my camera, so I have no photos to share :( But at the wedding, Cole tore the ligament in his thumb. Thankfully, 5 of my relatives at the wedding are orthopedic surgeons, so he got great care and medical advice within minutes of the injury. My cousin's husband even popped his dislocated thumb back in place right there at the reception. He has had to have surgery to mend the torn ligament. So, now Cole is the one in the cast. The surgery went well and he's now adjusting to only having the use of one hand for a few weeks. Because showers aren't as easy, he's taken a couple baths with Sav, which she has loved :) And here are a few photos of Savannah playing in the slide at Chick-fil-a while we waited on Cole to get out of surgery.

We have also been getting together with some friends about once a week to play and enjoy the nice weather. Here's a photo of Savannah and her buddy Kate at their friend Brody's house. Savannah started sound rattely when she breathed and within a few hours turned into a wheeze. By bedtime I was nervous and called the pediatrician afterhours and spoke with a nurse who told me to bring her into the hospital. So we spent about 4 hours in the ER on Monday night. She was given a few breathing treatments and had a chest x-ray (miserable!) and then we were sent home. Tuesday she woke up better, but sounded horrible again Tuesday night and I was so scared we'd be back in the ER. Thankfully, she slept ok, but woke up exhausted. She actually fell asleep on the couch about 5 minutes after I got her out of bed. This scared me more than anything, since she does not fall asleep easily! She took a great nap and then we went to the pediatrician that afternoon. We were assured that it takes a while to clear up and she should be fine. Since then we have seen great improvement! Thanks to Stephanie, Jana, and Jenn for checking on us while I had my nervous breakdown! I'm so thankful to have friends to ask for advice. And Mom and Joelle, you were lifesavers!! I trust she will continue to get better and better as the days go by. God is so good!


Susan Sene said...

what a big girl! is she walking yet??

Katie said...

great update on all that's been going on. tell cole that if he needs some sympathy in the one hand department, i'm his girl! i had to go several months with just my left hand with i cut my tendon!