Thursday, April 2, 2009

First Birthday Party!

Where did the year go? I can't believe my little newborn baby is now an active little girl! We had a big party planned and invited family and friends to come celebrate with us. Katie (my precious sister-in-law) designed a little pink octopus that she used on the invitations, cupcake toppers, birthday signs and several other things to make the cutest decorations. She did a great job and was so patient dealing with me as I second guessed every decision I made on what I wanted from her. Thank you Katie for all your work and talent! Joelle drove up with my sweet nieces and my mom for the whole week to help me get everything ready, and I'm so glad they did, because, not only did I love their company, but I also ended up getting a stomach bug and was completely useless for a few days. Joelle picked up the slack and ended up caring for 3 one-year-olds, queasy me, and our mom (who is in a wheel chair recovering from foot surgery), all while trying to get things ready for the party by cooking and grocery shopping for me. I am so blessed to have the best sister in the world! Here's the spread Katie and Joelle created for me:
The night before the party, David and my dad arrived with a surprise- my brother who flew in from Ohio! What a great surprise! We don't get to see him nearly enough. It really made the weekend!So, we finally got everything ready for the big party and woke up the day of to babies who were sharing a fever (Sav caught it early in the week and passed it to both of her cousins). So, we had to call the small group of friends who were coming and warn them of the germs and the Jennings were the only one's who decided to brave the germs and come anyways! We ended up with a party of mostly family, but it was still great! Savi was there and that's all that mattered! She looked so sweet in her dress, even though she hated wearing it! She just couldn't crawl without getting tangled up in it, so it didn't last long, but we got a few pictures before we had to change wardrobe. My pictures aren't great, there are much better ones out there- I need to get copies from all of you! After we changed Savannah into her "smash cake onsie" we put her in her high chair, brought in the cake, and let her dig in! My mom sewed this flag banner around the high chair together for the party and an even bigger one that drapped across the top of the windows- Thanks Mom!Here's a picture of Savannah after the party enjoying a "Wiggles" video with her Uncle David, Aunt Joelle, Lyla, and Pressley. I love the photo. I hope she always feels this at home and secure in the middle of their family!Here's a few more of the girls the morning they left (Savannah's actual birthday). They all ate breakfast next to each other in their chairs. I just love these little faces! (Sorry about the Christmas bib, Lyla!)

2 comments:

Susan Sene said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a great time. I love the picture of Banna smiling while "walking".

katie said...

I love the picture of Savannah smiling and walking with Cole. And the one of her with the Turner family! So cute!